Hey guys, welcome back to another Switzerland basics video! This time we are discussing everything you need to know about plugs/outlets and electronics!
☞ Key Points
– Switzerland uses plug Type J (this is only used in Switzerland + Lichtenstein, not in the rest of Europe)
– Switzerland also uses Type C (electronics with type C plug will fit in outlets in the EU except for in UK, Ireland, Cyprus and Malta)
– The voltage is 220 – 240 V in Switzerland
– Only bring dual voltage electronics or electronics designed for 220 – 240 V
– If your electronic is NOT dual voltage you need an adapter PLUS a converter (but I do not recommend this as a long term plan!)
– If your electronics are EU plug Type F, they will not fit in Swiss sockets even though they look very similar! The prongs are too big.
☞ My favorite adapters!
USA to Swiss (3 Prong – Type J): https://amzn.to/2DdCg5R
USA to Swiss/EU (2 Prong Input – Type C): https://amzn.to/2UzJJqB
USA to Swiss/EU ( 3 Prong Input – Type C): https://amzn.to/2UysqGH
Universal Adapter: https://amzn.to/2D6xE1o
USB to Swiss/EU: https://amzn.to/2Isbpq6
***forgot to mention it but these USB plugs are great, you don’t need adapters for your phone charger and other USB items…these are better and work in most of the EU + Swiss!
Grüezi! Welcome to the most informative and entertaining guide to Switzerland on the Internet! Sarah started How To Switzerland in mid-2018 because she loves Switzerland and wants to share her experience. She hopes to help others who want to move here. Make sure to subscribe to join the family!
☞ Sarah’s main channel https://goo.gl/EGrdLR
☞ Sarah’s Instagram https://goo.gl/kdFbQB
*The footage in this video is property of Nourse Social LLC. You are not allowed to use this footage without permission. To request permission please email SGNourse@gmail.com
*This video is NOT sponsored, links are affiliate links